Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Philadelphia Sketch Club - The Award!

As mentioned in my previous post, I recently entered and won first prize (Sequential Category) in the Philadelphia Sketch Club's "Phillustration '07" juried exhibition. Well, the opening was a lot of fun, and it was great to have my wife, and a few of my friends there. The range of work was very exciting, and it was cool to see my work displayed among so many talented Illustrators' work. Thanks go out to my colleague Rich Harrington, who invited me to be a part of the exhibition he organized, as well as to Bill Brown, the exhibition's juror, who selected my work. I thought the award certificate itself was pretty interesting, as it features an illustration of King Kong, by the very talented Joe DeVito. The work was included in the show, and it is actually the cover for a new King Kong comic book from Markosia Enterprises. Here's a scan of the award with the art:



And here are a few pictures from the event:


Me, along with my illustration of Salvador Dali.


Rich Harrington presenting me with the award.


The Roboy Red sequence that won. I was also able to put out copies of the actual "Buzz and the 'Bot" comic for people to take. There were a number of kids who were there and took copies, so that was a real highlight for me!


My Philly Phriends! Left to right: Echo, Mike Manley, Jamar Nicholas, and me!

This was a lot of fun, and I hope to enter next year's show too!

Special thanks to my lovely wife Traci, who took all the photos.

Best,
Rich

No comments: