Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Groucho on my Birthday!

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

"I must confess, I was born at a very early age."

Yes, it is my birthday, and no, I'm not going to continually quote Groucho Marx for the rest of the year...

However, here's a piece I did recently as an in-class brush and ink demo, featuring the great Groucho:



Now, before I go eat some cake, I'm going to end with two more appropriate Groucho quotes:

"Getting older is no problem. You just have to live long enough."

And on a more serious note: "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "

Best,
Rich

PS: "Go, and never darken my towels again." Ok, ok, I'll stop now...

1 comment:

Mike Hawthorne said...

I love any kind of art with a cigar in it ;)

Good work, pal.

mike