Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Prize!

It's been a very hectic week since returning from Baltimore, so I'm attempting to keep this brief. I'll write about the Baltimore Comic-Con sometime in the next few days, but in the meantime, I wanted to write a quick one about something cool that happened while I was away at the show.

A few weeks ago, my friend and colleague, Rich Harrington, a fellow adjunct at Moore College of Art and Design, where I teach Illustration, invited me to submit some of my work for a juried exhibition, called Phillustration '07, presented by the Philadelphia Sketch Club. As you'll read by clicking the links, the Philadelphia Sketch Club was founded in 1860, and has had some very prominent members, including two of my favorite Illustrators, N.C. Wyeth and Maxfield Parrish!

I submitted three pieces of my work in two categories last Friday, and when I returned from Baltimore, I learned that not only was each accepted, but that I'd won first prize in the Sequential Art category! Well, truthfully, I share the win, as I submitted two pages from Roboy Red, the comic book on which I collaborate with my buddy John Gallagher. So now, Roboy Red is an actual award-winning comic book! Here's one of the pages that won:



I also submitted this Illustration in the Self-Promotion/Non-Commissioned category:



If anyone is in the Philly area, and would like to come by, the reception is from 2-5pm on Sunday, September 16th, and the Exhibition runs until September 30th. All pertinent details are in the above link. I hope to see you there!

Best,
Rich

No comments: