Thursday, September 06, 2007

Baltimore Comic-Con Welcomes KLC at the Comic Book Diner!

Well, just two more days until the 2007 Baltimore Comic-Con! This is my favorite convention of all, and this year, I'm part of something really cool... The Kids Love Comics Comic Book Diner! I'm posting the News Release we sent out this morning, so all the info you need is just below. I hope I'll see you at the show!

Best,
Rich


News Release: Kids Love Comics hosts the Comic Book Diner in Baltimore!
Sept 8-9, Baltimore Comic-Con Welcomes All-Ages Comics Pavilion, featuring Kids' Comics Creators.



Baltimore Comic-Con is recognized as a star-studded, family-friendly show; one of the few major conventions still focused primarily on comics. Kids Love Comics is a non-profit organization made up of comic creators, publishers, fans, educators and journalists, as well as those involved in the marketing, promotion, distribution, and retail end of the comic book medium. Together the Baltimore Comic-Con and KLC have formed the Comic Book Diner, an all-ages comics pavilion, offering up comics that are cool for all kids, from age 6 to sixty!


All-ages creators will be on hand in "The Diner" include Steve Conley (Star Trek, Astounding Space Thrills), Jimmy Gownley (Amelia Rules!), John Gallagher and Rich Faber (Buzzboy, Roboy Red), Art Baltazar and Franco Aurleani (Patrick the Wolfboy, Tiny Titans), Scott Neely (Scooby Doo), Josh Elder (Mail Order Ninja), Dean Trippe (Butterfly), Mark McKenna (Banana Tail, DC Countdown), Scott Cohn (Krypto, Ben 10), and Jamie Cosley (Fearnots). Also, Disney artist Ted Tucker will be on hand to draw super hero caricatures all weekend!


KLC will be presenting panels on the subject of the kids comics industry, as well as a special Sunday HowYaGonna comics tutorial session, with cool stations designed for kids and parents to learn how to create comic books. Comic Book Diner creators will be on hand to give personalized instruction in the process of creating a comic book, from initial ideas through completion. Also, a unique Comic Book Diner print featuring all of the Comic Book Diner creators' characters will be available for fans to have signed. Baltimore Comic-Con promoter Marc Nathan has been working with local libraries, as well as the Baltimore County Boy Scouts to make sure the Sunday panel is well attended, even offering up free admission to kids with a paying adult (Sunday Only).

"This is a great way to showcase the large variety of kids comics available," said Comic Book Diner organizer John Gallagher, whose own Buzzboy will be a part of the Comic Book Diner. "Marc Nathan has always supported kids comics, and when he offered us the opportunity to create an entire section at the Baltimore Comic-Con specifically devoted to kids, we jumped at the chance! Oh, and I almost forgot... we'll have an actual diner booth set up too!

There are plans for the Comic Book Diner to hit many of next year's comic shows, including the New York Comic Con, Charlotte's Heroes Con, San Diego's Comic-Con International, and of course, back to Baltimore for next year's Baltimore Comic-Con. But first, we'll save a seat for you this weekend, at the 'Diner!!

4 comments:

Bobby Timony said...

That sounds great, Rich!

I decided to go to the Baltimore con, because I had such a great experience last time. I'll see you there!

Bobby

Rich Faber said...

Cool, Bobby! Looking forward to seeing you there. Also, I got your email the other day, but it's been a crazy week, so I didn't get a chance to respond. If you see this, know that I wasn't ignoring you! =)

See you Saturday.

Best,
Rich

Brian said...

Rich,

It was great to see you at the show and I just wish I had gotten a chance to meet your son, but Baltimore went by in a blur and I was sitting on a plane back to Boston before I knew what happened.

That was a great tribute poster you guys did for Mike and next time I'll make sure to bring a bigger suitcase.

Be well,

Brian.

Rich Faber said...

Hi Brian,

It was good to see you too! Actually, I think you might have met my son. My wife brought him over to talk with Todd and Sharon at one point over the weekend, and said that a very nice man with a beard and moustache was playing with him, and distracting him, which gave her an opportunity to talk with those two. I thought that might have been you, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the poster. We'll (or at least John, if I can't make it)have the 'Ringo tribute poster again, and be taking donations (in Mike's memory)again in Charlotte in '08.

Thanks for stopping by!

Best,
Rich