Friday, December 19, 2008

Prints Preview (Part 1)

Before I get to today's post, I need to alert you all to something that a bunch of very nice people are doing for my family. Spearheaded by Drew Geraci, an inker I've known for many years, a number of very talented comics artists have contributed artwork they've done to help pay some expenses towards my wife Traci's illness. Drew's friend Mark Hay has placed several of those pages of art on eBay. Click here to view the entire auction.

Thanks to Drew, Mark, Andy Owens, Paco Diaz, George Tuska, Tim Bradstreet, Ethan Van Sciver, Paolo Rivera, and my old pal, Andy Kuhn for donating the art. Special thanks to Heidi MacDonald for the initial post publicizing the auction, and to all of those who have and will bid on the items.

As for my own work, in yet another effort to raise money, I've previously mentioned that I've decided to create limited edition prints of some of my work. My printer informs me that most of them have been sent to press as I write this, so I should have them available shortly. The first four prints I'm having done are of some of my classic subjects; black and white graphic portraits I've created over the past few years. Here's a preview of what they'll look like:



For ease of uploading, I've included them here as one image, but each portrait will be printed separately, and sold individually. I will probably do some kind of deal for those that buy more than one, however. I'll have more details here, once the prints arrive. I'll also be doing another set of prints as well, featuring a couple of my baseball subjects. I'll show a preview of those early next week. Please check back then to get the full scoop!

If anyone out there reading has a suggestion for the best and easiest way to create a click-to-order system for either here, or from my website (or ideally, both), please feel free to leave a suggestion in the comments for me. I'm looking for ways to keep the process streamlined for everyone. Thanks!

Also, this is as good a time as any to mention that I enjoy getting feedback, so please feel free to comment on any of my posts. Few people take advantage of that feature, but I do love hearing from people, so please say hello if you're reading. Thank you!

Thanks, as always for visiting.

Best,
Rich

No comments: