Friday, March 21, 2008

Portfolio Showcase - Storyboards

So, it's been nearly a month again...

In an attempt to begin posting on a semi-regular basis, regardless of whether I have new work to show or not, I've decided that I'm going to use the time between illustration jobs to show some of my earlier work. I'd like to make this a regular feature, so for now, Fridays will be "Portfolio Showcase" day. Each week, I'll post a piece of work I've done in the past, in order to highlight some of the work you might not have seen before.

To that end, here are some storyboards I drew a few years ago:




These were for a pharmaceutical client, and are heavily edited to take out the product info, which I believe might have been proprietary.

In any event, the boards were drawn in support of a sales meeting for the pharma reps, in which they learned how to properly market and promote the product. The guy on the jet ski is the narrator, and as he shoots in and out of the frames, he's talking about the product. The idea was that this particular product would allow all sorts of outdoor activities that were previously difficult for people with the specific symptoms of the ailment that this product helps alleviate (how's that for vague...? ;-) )

I have some other new work I'll post sometime soon, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this episode of "Portfolio Showcase!"

More to come, next week!

Best,
Rich

No comments: