Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Still Drawing Strength

I'm not sure if anyone is actually out there reading this, but I thought I'd try to keep up with the daily posting, at least for now.

Last September, in the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, John Gallagher and I produced a benefit sketchbook for the Baltimore Comic-Con, called Drawing Strength. It featured work from nearly all the guests of the show, as well as a few who weren't in attendance. All proceeds from the book go to Habitat For Humanity's "Operation Home Delivery," and I believe we still have a few copies left, if you'd like to contribute to this great cause. I know the rebuliding effort is ongoing, and with this year's hurricane season fast approaching, I'm sure the folks down there could still use lots of help. To find out more about the book, and how you can order a copy, check out this link: http://skydogcomics.com/drawingstrength/

Here's my Roboy Red pinup from Drawing Strength:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You do-gooder, you. I like this piece muchly.

Rich Faber said...

Thanks, Mike! I'm glad you like it!

Best,
Rich

Queen Tut said...

Oh thats awesome. I like the feet! He he

Rich Faber said...

Thanks, Queen Tut!

Funny you should mention the feet, as I was just telling some friends that I'd like to work on drawing better feet! =)

Best,
Rich