Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hurricane Katrina - Still Drawing Strength, 2 years later


I haven't felt up to posting anything new, as I didn't want to knock the memorial post I did for Mike down, but I realized there was one thing I could post that would both help people, something Mike was well known for, and also add to the tribute, in a way.

Yesterday marked two years since the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, and since my last post mentioned it, I thought it would be a nice way to honor my friend Mike's generous spirit to remind everyone that the sketchbook we did with 'Ringo's cover is still available. You can find out more about the book, and order it here: http://skydogcomics.com/drawingstrength/

Oh, and ending on a bright note, I nearly forgot to mention that you should check out Mike's very talented brother Matt Wieringo's blog for some cool art too. Specifically, he just posted something called Torg, which is a comic he did a while back. I had no idea he could draw as well as his brother, and if you like fun comic books, you need to check it out! Seriously, this guy knows how to draw and lay out a comics page.

I'll get back to posting my art again soon, so I hope you'll come by again. In the meantime, stay well, and be good.

Best,
Rich

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rich great stuff here!

Rich Faber said...

Hi Bobby,

Thanks, man! It was really nice to see you in San Diego. I wish we'd had a little more time to talk, rather than just the two minutes right before heading out to the airport. I hope we'll see each other again soon. Will you be in Baltimore next weekend? If not, I'm sure we'll catch up again in New York in April.

Best,
Rich